Monday, June 28, 2010

Solo Day for Faria



Congratulations Faria on a great day at the airport. Three very nice solo landings and one excellent aborted takeoff. I'll let her write about what she thinks happened on the aborted takeoff... suffice it to say that since she aborted that takeoff the rest of the flight went just fine, whereas if she had ignored the (aural) red flag and continued with that takeoff roll it would have been a dicey outcome at best. Great judgment and instincts! Photo from my phone, but Herb came by and took some better ones - can you post them?

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations...

    Does your experience today have an answer for QOD #26?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had to be the most exciting morning ever for me. Thank you so much Patti for making this possible. And thank you Herb, for coming by and making it such an enjoyable day for me. I had to scream for almost a minute after the first landing to get the adrenaline out so that I could focus on the next take off. I had to abort my third take off because I heard a very sharp drop in RPM. Instead of trying to figure out what was wrong, I aborted (said the wrong thing to the controller) and did a runup check. Couldn't find anything wrong but I guess I must have bumped my knee against the magnetos and turned one off accidentally.
    5310H cooperated most beautifully, in spite of being a rather hot day and quite low pressure (29.78), lowest I've ever flown on.
    Wooohoooooooooo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete