Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Flat Tire -- what to do

I had an experience yesterday afternoon at PAO. The right main tire on N52535 was low, really low.... not totally flat but neither was it just a bit low. I knew from past experience that I could call the fuel truck and they would let me "use" their air compressor to add air....(having a tire gauge and knowing the POH pressure spec is good to know since the fuel truck drivers don't put air in tires) but I was concerned that there might be a bigger problem.... what to do??? ... I ended up walking over to the WVFC maintenance shop. I told them my dilemma and Voila! the next thing I know they are sending out two mechanics with an air tank. They looked at the tire and observed the same thing... it was a bit more than just low... They added air then checked the tire to make sure there wasn't a screw or some other problem with the tire. Nothing found. I also checked and didn't see anything...

I thought I would share in case you ever run into the same situation... the team at WVFC maintenance was a real help.

2 comments:

  1. This is really good to know: I've often wondered myself about it, and of course, can't call AAA. Is there onsite maintenance at SQL as well?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no WVFC MX on-site at SQL. As I understand, the mechanics either drive up to SQL or fly the plane down to PAO.

    ReplyDelete