Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Destination Rogers field O05

I have this desire to visit airports near water. Airports like Shelter Cove, Catalina, Bryant field, Spaulding, Trinity, and Rogers all have been on my wish list. As usual, I have had a couple of "plans" to get to one of these airports but conditions dictated otherwise in previous attempts. Fortunately I did make it to Rogers field recently and I have to admit the expectations were met. WX conditions, schedule, passengers and plane all came together.

A couple of cool things about Rogers field:
1. They have "free" bikes so once you get to the airport you can go into town... they do have a donation fund for bike maintenance
2. The airport is pretty close to the town of Chester
3. There is the "Pine Shack Frosty" in town where you can get a great burger and a shake - they have lots of flavors.
4. Mountain air ... you know what I mean?
One route to get to Rogers field is to fly to Oroville airport, OVE, and then depart on a heading of 015 which follows feather river and the Feather River highway (highway 70). You will shortly see Butt Valley Reservoir just prior to reaching Lake Almanor.
I will definetley add this to the places for a return trip and maybe plan to stay overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment