Thursday, February 3, 2011

It too can happen....

After many trials and tribulations
Several false starts on scheduling
a mad rush to a finish line that got pushed back months
A switch to a different examiner
delays due to WX
I took my check ride today and heard the words we all want to hear
"Herb, you are a private pilot"
well at least the last part of that sentence is what we all want to hear

Thanks to many but I have a special place in my heart for our instructor that has seen me through this entire adventure. I can't thank Patti enough.
Patti ... i love you... thanks for all the support!

For those that are interested, I have compiled some notes and will finish them off with some final thoughts from the actual check ride.

Faria ... I am legal if you still are game...
Herb

6 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Congratulations Herb! And what a beautiful day for a checkride. Bull night this Friday if we can organize it on short notice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Herb! I knew you could do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooo!!! Congratulations Herb, I am so excited for you, and yes, I would love to go flying with you. Can't wait!!! And thank you so much.
    Yaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Faria! Faria and I just completed a flight to Petaluma - my first flight with another passenger. It was a good suggestion to take another pilot as the first passenger... a combination of anxiety that I'll have someone else watching how I do and comfort that I have someone that is familiar with flying and can help out.

    ReplyDelete